Where did you get your info?
A & G Coal co. may end up laying off several hundred employees, after a gamble in their coal hauling operations fell through.
Still highly profitable even after the tragic death of a child in the Inman area of Appalachia.
Owners gambled on a coal haul that the government susposedly helped fund.
Now hundreds of employees may lose their jobs.
Layoffs may come as early as this Saturday. And continue until approximately 200 employees are laid off or until A & G can revamp their hauling process.
The company has not had or released a statement.
Confirming or denying the layoffs.
Where did you get your info?
Heard it a week or so ago. A & G sent a memo supposedly to employees, then begin layoffs today.
50 today and maybe several hundred before it is over.
Making money hand over foot and laying people off.
Yet they had to hire another accountant just to help keep the books.
Got to love how some justify things.
Must follow after the oil industry. We have the coal and are making money, just not enough.
And we screw up, so lay off people and make more money, because we gambled and messed up, forget those we have to lay off. Esp. due to our ignorance.
Forget about the people and area. We have to make our money for us poor owners... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
A&G's management sucks. Check their safety record.
[/ QUOTE ]
I agree 100%, how often do you hear anything positive about them. One of my best friends works for them and doing everything he can to find another job. He is very upset with not having gotten any promised pay raises since he has been there. Yet he questioned his boss about it when they it was supposed to be on the pay cycle and wasn't the boss told him that they didn't have the money and no raises were given at all, later in the shift he hears 2 other guys talking about the raise they go on their check, during a break he asks the boss about this and he just tells him that at least he can go home and sleep knowing he is an honest person and just walked off and left him standing there with knowing he was a bold faced liar. 2-3 months later he still hasn't gotten a raise because "they don't have the money" but last month everyone got all new trucks to drive around the job in and not just any trucks loaded up most expensive new Silverado's that they could get. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
I'll praise them everyday of my life. Without them, me and my family would have nothing!
I'd hold off on the praise. From what i heard this morning. The lay offs may go deep and far. A & G has evidently not been upfront with many of it's employees including supervisors and foremen.
They left these folks holding the bag when the promised raises and bonuses fell through. Now some are saying some higher up's got bonuses and raises while others didn't.
Would you like me to post the safety violations in the fatals? If A&G quit, it would just get overloaded trucks off the road. I can understand your point, I miss WCCO and A&G wouldn't make a pimple on their butt.
Even if it went all the way to the top, I'd praise them just for what they have already provided my family for the past 15+ years
I have worked for this company for only eight months and I know most of the foremans on the 9 jobs that A&G has and they are good people who are told to do what the company tells them to do. I received the letter that we are talking about in my check. Yes,we are not getting raises or bonuses and there will be layoffs. They are also changing work schedules to try and help with coal production. I may also get laid-off, who knows. All I can do is worry about myself and not what the company does.
Bookmarks